I didn’t get the luxury to spend a lot of time shopping for green beauty products this month nor had a lot of “me time” in the bathroom. But this is for a good reason, I had the visit of my mom and sister who came all the way from France to Vancouver to see me. I feel extremely lucky to have them both in my life, they are both inspiring women 🙂
Summer is almost over and I hope you enjoyed every single ray of sunshine like I did. For this monthly beauty product review, I kept things simple with two skin masks from Tony Moly (I use them a lot in summer to nourish my skin after it has been exposed to the sun), a vegan perfume, a hand cream and a delicious herbal tea. Let’s jump right in!
– I’m real avocado mask sheet by Tony Moly: Delightful! I feel like it summerizes perfectly what this mask did to my skin on this hot summer evening. This mask is surprisingly soothing and the smell is divine. I wish I couls wear it more than 30 minutes. What actually happens when you apply a mask for too long?? I think I can recall one crazy experience when using green clay mask and it sitted for almost an hour. Don’t do that, especially before an important meeting or event. My skin was red for hours. But back to this mask: it’s a win win and I totally recommend it, especially because it’s a really good bargain. Next!
– I’m Real Seaweeds mask sheet by Tony Moly: my first experience with Tony Moly’s beauty products dates back to February 2017 when I started looking for more respectful / greener beauty products and a pink item to feature in my baby pink spring inspiration post haha! I applied this mask after a week struggling with a few breakouts and sunburns, and it really helped me sooth my skin. Seaweeds are full of restorative nutrients and it’s no wonder my skin felt really smooth after applying the mask.
– Lemongrass and ginger tea by the brand Pukka: If you’ve been following my blog for a while, then you’ve probably noticed that I’m a huge fan of the brand Pukka. Their herbal teas are high-quality (organic ingredients) and the packaging is always super inviting. During summer, I favor light and fresh herbal teas and this one featuring lemongrass and ginger is the perfect choice. My bedtime routine typically includes making myself a cup of herbal tea before going to bed and reading a good book. I found this specific herbal tea to be really soothing and calming, the perfect natural anti stress remedy after a hard day of work!
– Mediterranean Fig perfume roll-on by Pacifica: I was looking for a vegan and natural perfume and I finally found one when shopping at Whole Foods. Pacifica is a brand that I had noticed a while ago and the more I learn about the company and their products, the more I feel encouraged to only use beauty products that are respectful of my body and of our planet. So what is so special about this roll-on mediterranean fig perfume? First, this format is very convenient for travel or to fit in your handbag. I like rolling the perfume on my neck and my wrists in the morning and after taking a shower at night. I can repeat the process during the day very easily and without being noticed (no noisy “pccht pccht” if you seen what I mean). Second, the fragrance is quite unique, featuring sweet fig, palm, cyclamen, moss and clove, all set in a luscious Sandalwood base. And last but not least, this perfume is as natural as it can be, without phthalates, parabens, mineral oils, GMO, propylene glycol, and artificial color. If you’re not into figs, check out the whole range of fragrances, the choice is large and amazing (roll-on perfumes by Pacifica).
– Summer Hill hand cream by Crabtree & Evelyn: when applying this summer hill hand cream, I felt like I was plunging both hands in a field of fresh flowers. The smell is absolutely divine and luxurious. I’ve been using Crabtree & Evelyn’s hand products for a while now and I have to say that the texture is close to perfect. Which is rare. I’ve tried an incredible number of different hand creams in the past and one of the major thing that disturbed me was how sticky they were. This one is amazing, trust me!
That was it for today, lovely people! Let me know in the comment section down below what green beauty products you discovered this month. I love to hear from you!