Every month, I get super excited to share with you my favorite green beauty products and other random things (usually tea and flowers) and today is no exception! How have you been and how is the weather like were you live? In Vancouver, we were promised some never-ending sun and good weather … and thank God, summer has finally arrived.
It took some time to arrive though and it has been raining so much during spring. I know every cloud has a silver lining so I should just be happy that the city is greener than ever. And my apartment as well because I bought a beautiful bunch of pale pink carnations! But let’s go back to the topic you came here for….green beauty products inspiration. This June Favorites post is all about hair! During summer, it’s more important than ever to take care of your hair. Last year, I spent 3.5 months into the wild to discover Canada from sea to sea. Without wearing a hat and without hair masks. Guess what? I almost turned blond!
To counterbalance the action of the sun on your hair, make sure you use conditioner every time you wash your hair. Also, your hair will thank you for your zeal if you treat them with a hair mask once a week. Another option is to use oils for hair to add the perfect silky touch. Let’s get started!
– Coconut Curls Shampoo by OGX: not as green as I wanted to, but at least paraben-free, sulfate-free and cruelty free. This shampoo smell amazing (mixture of coconut , citrus oil and sweet honey) and does a great job for my curly hairs.
– Coconut Curls Conditioner by OGX: from the same product line as the shampoo mentioned here above, the Coconut Curls Conditioner smells as good as its counterpart and provided moisture and care to my dry curly hair.
– Miracle in-shower argan oi of morocco by OGX: It’s my first time using oil for haircare and before that, I was really skeptical about it. Mainly because I thought it would grease my hair and make them look flat. However, with a little bit of practice, I’ve become more agile at applying the oil not at the root but on the whole length of the hair. It is a really “nice-to-have” product on top of the conditioner, especially if you are dealing with really dry hair.
– Deep Repair Masque by Macadamia Natural Oil: probably my best find of the month. I’m in love with the floral packaging! It is my first time using this brand and I am really happy with the results. I try to have a hair mask once a week (if I don’t, my hair will totally remind with a bad hair day) and what I usually do is replace the conditioner with the mask. Because that would be a little too much, right? It says on the packaging “revitalizing hair reconstructor for dry, damaged hair” and I believe this product will be my best ally for this summer. I’m having a hard time describing the smell (beside macadamia nut) but I really like it. It’s a very “luxurious” smell! The brand is cruelty-free, paraben-free and alcohol-free. And something interesting that I’m discovering right now with you guys is that the macadamia oil mimics the scalp’s natural oil production to renew dry hair. That’s clever!
– Strengthening Peppermint Conditioner by Avalon Organics: I’m afraid that organic conditioners will never be as good – and by that I mean nourishing, sculpting, bringing out the best curls – as the traditional ones but I like to have green alternatives in my bathroom to give my hair a break from time to time. This conditioner works like a mask – you have to let it “sit” for a few minutes before rinsing. I liked the powerful smell of mint in my hair after using this product. I think it is very appropriate for summer time!
– Vanilla Spice herbal red tea by Zhena’s Gypsytea: this organic and fair-trade tea is everything I was looking for. First it tastes amazing (ever tried the wonderful combination of vanilla, cinnamon and ginger?) and it doesn’t contain caffeine because it is made with rooibos tea. I know tea is supposed to be for cool nights and crisp days but I have always been drinking tea, no matter the weather. Also, when it is very hot outside, it can come as a shock for your body to have a drink filled with ice-cubes. As for me, I have adopted the habits of the Touareg living in the desert: I enjoy my cup of tea even by 35°C and my body seems to enjoy it.
– Carnations: how beautiful are there flowers, seriously? Since I’ve started blogging, I’ve been buying more flowers for my Instagram pictures. What a great excuse to have fresh flowers in my apartment, don’t you think? Growing up, I remember our garden filled with carnation in every shape and color. I would have picked them all if I would have gotten the permission J. What’s your favorite flowers?
Thanks for reading, lovely people! Share with me your favorites of the month in the comment section down below! I love hearing from you and getting tips on natural beauty products. Also if you liked this post, show me some love and give it a thumb up!