Hello lovely readers! Another month has gone by and I’m happy to share with you some great green beauty products reviews. My goal of the month was to try out organic shampoo and to drink more herbal tea. Finding great green beauty products is not easy. However, some stores/drugstores have made my life much easier. I’m talking about London Drugs (where I find the products of the brand Burt’s Bees and Crabtree & Evelyn) and Wholefoods (they also have Burt’s Bees products but the prices are much higher here than when you go to London Drugs). As I’ve shared with you in the last monthly favorites post, I try to only consume organic beauty products with recycled packaging and no secondary packaging. However, there are some things I can’t compromise with. For example, I need my hair to have beautifully defined curls and I need my skin to glow! But let’s be honest: in this jungle of green beauty products, it can be difficult to know what to choose. And it’s hard to find the perfect organic / efficacy ratio. This is why I try to stay away from products containing ingredients listed in the “dirty dozen cosmetic chemicals to avoid” (you can learn more about it here) and if a green beauty products just doesn’t do the job, I keep looking!
– Pomegranate, Argan & Grapeseed Hand Therapy by Crabtree & Evelyn: Hand protection is not only for the cold winter months. You need to take care of your hands all year long! I started using the products from the hand therapy line by Crabtree & Evelyn a few months ago and I just love the smell and the luxurious feel to it. Also, the small tube of hand cream fits perfectly in my handbag. There is only 25g of hand cream contained in the tube but as it is very nourishing, I only use a small amount of it every day. If your hands are really dry and need some serious treatment, I would definitely recommend using a different hand cream. This one is more for daily care.
– Clementine + C Illuminating Toner by Andalou Naturals: It’s my first time trying out the Andalou Naturals brand and before using this toner, I was very happy to see that Andalou Naturals is amongst others cruelty free and non GMO project verified. I use a toner every morning to wake my skin up, I don’t like using a cleanser or anything else as I find it too harsh. All I want to do is remove excess sebum without attacking the skin with harsher beauty products. One thing that I’ve learned from my “acne years” is that cleaning to much is totally counterproductive. This toner does a good job at refreshing my skin in the morning and I really like the crisp clementine scent. The only thing I would like to tell the brand owners is this: please, please, please reduce the amount of packaging!
– Peach & Willow Bark Deep Pore Scrub by Burt’s Bees: A complete skincare routine should include a good exfoliation once or twice a week. At the moment, I’m using the Deep Pore Scrub by Burt’s Bees and I like it because it is not too harsh on the skin. I usually exfoliate my skin once a week in the shower before cleansing it. That way, I make sure to get rid of the dead cells. This scrub makes my skin really smooth. And last but not least, the peach fragrance gives a sweet summer touch to the exfoliation!
– Vanilla Mint & Shea Butter Shampoo Everyday Shea by Alaffia: Regular shampoo can be harsh and I wanted to have an alternative to give my hair a break from time to time. I have curly hair and because I like beautifully defined curls, I couldn’t use this shampoo on a regular basis except if I combine it with a very nourishing hair mask. So once a week, when I have my pamper session, I use this shampoo with a good hair mask. I love that it smells mint, this is very refreshing. The shampoo is vegan, cruelty free, paraben free and contains unrefined ingredients. A good indicator of how “natural” a shampoo is…is how much it foams! Clearly, this one doesn’t much 🙂
– Double Glow Peel Mask with Volcanic Rock and AHA by Vichy Laboratoires: This mask was a funny experience! After applying it, you’re supposed to wait maybe 10 minutes to allow it to work and then you can massage your skin with it. Surprisingly, the mask transforms into a gentle scrub. I love how my skin felt afterwards. Clean and refreshed!
– Organic Chamomile, Fennel and Marshmallow Root Herbal Tea by Pukka: Why am I sharing my favorite drinks together with my fav beauty products, you might ask! Well, drinking a lot of water is part of my beauty routine and herbal teas have a lot of medicinal properties related to health and beauty. At night, I switch tea with herbal tea and this one has been a pleasure to have in my kitchen cupboard. Chamomile is good for your sleep, fennel for your digestion and getting rid of the toxins in your body, and the marshmallow root relieves skin irritation or inflammation. Herbal teas from the brand Pukka are certified organic.
That was it for today lovely readers! I hope you enjoyed this monthly favorites review and that you got some inspiration from it. Summer is right around the corner so take good care of your skin and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. See you soon in the next blogpost!