Lovely people, welcome back! From now on I’ve taken the decision to only use high-quality and preferably natural beauty products. Which doesn’t mean I’m going to splash out on expensive green beauty products because thank God, there are some awesome brands out there offering amazing products for a good bargain.
But let’s get to the point of this post! I would like to share my April favorites with you as I have found some treasures you’ll probably want to test for yourself. But please don’t get me wrong: my goal is not to push you to buy more and more staff that will clutter your bathroom. If you haven’t read my blogpost about decluttering your home once and for all, you can take a little detour now.
The products I’ve listed below are should be a source of inspiration for you once you’ve finished that bottle of shampoo or this tube of hand cream. Well, nothing holds you back from starting your shopping list if you’re asking 🙂
– Nail Polish Essence in the shade #59 life is pink! (I totally agree with that one!): 50 shades of pink, that could be the title of my nail polish closet (they deserve one, don’t you think?). When the weather gets warmer, I like to take care of my feet and to add a pop of color to my nails. This pink has a beautiful, vibrant and dark shade that is not too girly nor outdated. And currently, I’m wearing it on repeat.
– Pear and Pink Magnolia Hand Therapy by Crabtree & Evelyn: guys, this is my favorite of my favorites of the month. How cute is the packaging?? It looks like a tube of paint, doesn’t it? Well at least my other half thought so. Besides the beautiful packaging, the smell is to die for and the texture is just perfect. I’ve been testing a lot of hand creams and I still have one tube that I have trouble to finish (it’s the Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream from the brand Burt’s Bees) because it is sticky and it smells….like a muscle pain relief gel. I love the fact that the brand Crabtree & Evelyn has very high standards regarding the choice of the ingredients and that it uses fruit, flower and plant essences. This is probably the most luxurious hand cream I have ever bought but it is quite rich so I only need a small amount of it each time I use it.
– Elderberry & Echinacea Herbal Tea by Pukka: I drink too much tea and this is why I’ve tried to consume herbal teas more often as they don’t contain caffeine nor thein. The flavor of the Elderberry & Echinacea Herbal Tea by Pukka is fruity and delicate. The brand pukka is certified by the following labels: AB, Canada Organic, Fair Wild and 1% for the planet which are a guarantee of high-quality ingredients. I’m sorry to tell you that a lot of tea brands add artificial flavors and other chemicals in the tea bags. It’s always better to use loose tea leaves but the days have only 24 hours and not everybody has the luxury to prepare tea for hours. And to finish with this herbal tea, the packaging is neat and trendy – it reminds me of a wallpaper – which does not spoil anything.
– Kalanchoë plants: I wanted to buy pink tulips but they were out of stock so I came back home with this little pink kalanchoë plant. At this point, you must think I’m totally going overboard with pink, which I am! Kalanchoës belong to the succulent family so for me who doesn’t have a green thumb it’s perfect because I can only tap into pretty and resistant flowers. What about you guys? Do you have a green thumb?
– Cleanance MAT Mattifying Emulsion by Avène Eau Thermale: I have an oily and blemish-prone skin and there is nothing I hate more than having my T zone (forehead and nose) shining brightly. To avoid such a situation, I use mattifying day creams like this one which really keeps its promise. Plus, Avène is a brand I trust as it is a French brand using pure and natural spring water.
– Cleanance Cleansing Gel by Avène Eau Thermale: the Cleansing gel is from the same product range as the mattifying emulsion mentioned before and it’s a product I’ve been using for ages. I use it under the shower at night and it helps me get rid of the make-up. After the shower, all I have to do is take a cotton pad with soft cleansing milk and gently remove the rest of make-up. The formula is soap-free which might explain why I have never had a bad skin reaction to this product (unlike other harsh cleansing gels that feel like paint stripper if you know what I mean!). Seriously though, be careful on what you put on your skin. It’s the biggest organ of the body after all!
– Sensitive Skin Facial Cream Almond and Plum Kernel Oil by Weleda: this product is a longtime favorite as well. I’m very glad they have it in Canada too. For the history books, I grew up not far away from the Weleda factory and I’ve been working there as an intern…a long time ago. So I know from the inside how qualitative their products are. In fact, I think it’s the oldest brand of natural products (since 1921!!). I love their “almond” range for sensitive skin and I use the Facial Cream as a night cream. It is very rich and protecting and it restores the skin after a hard day’s work. I personally don’t use it as a day cream as it would be too nourishing and my skin would get greasy. But again, that’s just me. My overall review for this product is without hesitation “best-in-class”.
– Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips by Bioré: I’ve been using pore strips for a very long time now and I know that for some people, it doesn’t work very well bur for me, I’ve always had a successful “harvest” J I’ve discovered the cleansing charcoal version of the traditional pore strips and it felt like a mask at the same time. I can’t tell for sure if it is more efficient but what I appreciated was the nice feeling of deep cleansing it provided. A few days after applying it, my nose still looks presentable! Do you guys use pore strips? If not how do you remove the blemishes from your nose??
Lovely people, it’s been a pleasure to chat with you about my April favorites and I can’t wait to write the next monthly favorites review! I’d love to hear about your personal favorites of the month, you can do so by leaving a comment in the section down below. And if you liked this post, don’t forget to give it a thumb up! I wish you all a beautiful start in the month of May!!!