It’s that time of year again! Birds are singing and nature slowly awakens… When spring arrives, I am really glad to trade my dark winter clothes for brighter items. As for the make-up, the hotter it gets, the lighter the colors I use.
Here is a short description of the products I stock up to start spring on the right foot. Beginning with the “I’m real mask”, clockwise.
1. I’m real rice mask by Tony Moly: I have to say, I am in love with the packaging. I mean, how cute is the shape of this individually wrapped mask sheet? Apart from being formulated without parabens, talc, benzophenone, or triethanolamine, this mask has a very reach texture and gives you a luxurious experience. After leaving on the mask for 20 to 30 minutes, my skin feels bright and purified. Exactly what I need after the cold and dark winter days.
2. Nail color by Essence (05 sweet candy, 13 Forgive me) and Essie (160 Sugar Daddy, 120 Vanity Fairest): with spring coming, I like to use nude nail polish for a classy and polished look. I’m very fond of those 4 different nude shades by Essence and Essie. I know my other half would say they all look the same, but I can tell the difference and so can you 🙂
3. Make-up bag “Little things”: keeping things organized, because New Year’s resolutions were made not so long ago.
4. Narcisso Rodriguez For Her : a really fresh and delicate perfume that is perfect for spring time. Not too strong, yet deliciously floral.
5. Golden polka dots cup: my obsession of the moment. Also, I love oversized cups (is that even a concept?) because I am a “chain tea-drinker”.
6. Lipstick (Max Factor X 894 Raisin) and lip gloss (Maybelline 105 Cashmere Rose): to match your spring outfits, add a soft touch of lip color.
7. Pink gold earrings from Swarovski : a must have for a polished baby pink look.
8. Eye shadow (Essence 02 Cake Pop): just like for the nail polish and lip stick, I keep it light for eye make-up. This color works perfectly with a brown or black eye-liner.
9. Statement necklace with pink leaves : I bought this treasure in a giant shopping mall in Miami, Florida. Sorry, I can’t remember the brand.
10. Almond Sensitive Skin Facial Oil (Weleda): lovely readers, if you’re looking for the perfect skin care product to make the transition from winter to spring, this is what you need. I apply the almond oil at night and wake up the next morning with the face of Kate Middleton (well almost). If you don’t believe me, keep reading. Almond oil nourishes your skin and makes it smoother and softer (thank you vitamins E, A and B). I use it for the skin but you can also apply it on your hands and feet as a hand and foot cream substitute or even on your hair for more shine and silkiness. A few drops are enough as you don’t want to shine like a magic lantern.
11. Almond Sensitive Skin Facial Cream (Weleda): like the almond oil, the almond cream is very nourishing. I use this product in the morning because I don’t want my skin to be too greasy before applying make-up.
Let’s delve into baby pink outfits. I’ve created 6 outfit ideas with a baby pink jean and 2 baby pink blazers. If you want more ideas, have a look at my mood board on Pinterest (I put it together just for you). I like baby pink in touches: a pair of pants, a skirt, a blouse, a blazer or a dress. Baby pink works well with black, white, black and white stripes or polka dots, floral prints, light grey and jeans. Let me know what your favorite combinations are!